Any Company or Firm having a basic taxation Income over Baht 1,200,000.- in a year must register their VAT (Value Added Tax of 7% of basic tax from sale of merchandise or service fee) Any business practitioner who has Income upto this level must apply for VAT registration with in 30 days and even if the annual income is less than the minimum sale level but such practitioner can apply for VAT registration if they wish to do so.
Documents required for VAT Registration and Specific Business Tax
Practioner must apply for registration with in 30 days from date of reaching the minimum income level
Evidences and documents required for the registration
- To submit Form POR.Por.01 or Por.Thor.01 in 5 copies. (photocopy not accepted)
- Photocopy of I.D. Card of Tax Payer.
- Certified letter from the Ministry of Commerce (issued within 6 months)together with Articles of Association , regulation and details of the Objective of the company.
- Trade Registration Certificate. (Ordinary person)
- Photocopy of I.D. Card , Household Registration of the Practitioner or authorised director.
- Rental Contract or Letter of Consent from owner of the Building and Household Registration of such Building.
- Authorization letter (affixed with Baht 10.- stamp duty) and photocopy of I.D. Card of the Authorized person.
- 3 copies of maps showing the location of the Building.
- Photograph of the office with signboard name and number of the Building.
- Late registration must be submitted with explanatory letter , Belance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account.
Minimum Income Level
- Taxable Basic Income over Baht 1,200,000.- in ayear must pay VAT at 7%. (as per Royal Decrce No.237 B.E.2534) (Taxable Basic Income means income from sale of merchandise or services)
- VAT registration must be made with in 30 days per form M.85/1 Practitioner abroad must apply through representative. (form M.85/2)
Practitioner must report the change with in 15 days
Supporting documents for the change
- To submit 4 copies of Form Por.Phor.09 or Por.Thor.09 (Photocopy not accepted.
- Copy of Trade Registration. (Por.Phor.20,21 or Por.Thor 20)
- Copy of Por. Phor.01 or Por. Thor.01 on old registration and Form. Por.Phor.09 and Por.Thor.09 (if available)
- Certifled letter from the Ministry of Commerce (not more than 6 months old) in the event of a Juristic Person.
- Copy of I.D. Card , Household Registration of the practitioner or the authorized director.
- Certificate of chenging name - surname. (if there is any change)
- Renal contract or Letter of Consent to use such place of business and the household registration of the new Building and ownership evidence of the new building and the Consenter.
- Letter of authorization (affixed Baht 10.- stamp duty) and copy of I.D. Card of the Authorisee.
- 3 sets of Maps showing the location of the building. (If there is change in the Registration Certificate (Por . Phor 20 or Por. Thor 20) The old registration certificate must be returned in exchange of the new ones.
Prectitioner must advise the opening of Branch within 15 days
Evidences to be submitted with the increase of branch office
- To submit 4 copies of Form Por . Por .09 or Por. Thor .09 (Photocopy not accepted)
- Copy of Por. Por.01 , Por. Thor.01 , (Por. Por. 09 , Por. Thor .09 and registration Certificate Por. Por.20 ,21 or Por. Thor.20 of the Head Office.
- Copy of I.D. Card , Household registration of the authorized director.
- Certified Letter from the Ministry of Commerce. (not over 6 months old)
- Rental contract or Letter of Consent to use the Building together with copy of household registration of the additional branch office. Evidence of ownership of the Building 's owner or consenter.
- Letter of Authorisation (affixed Bath 10.- stamp duty) together with copy of I.D. Card of the Authorizer.
- Maps showing location of the office.
In case of reducing Branch Office
must advise within 15 days from date of reducing the branch office) and must submit additional documents :
- To return the Certificate of Por. Por. 20,21 or Por. Thor.20) of the closing branch office.
- Copy of receipt and Income Tax Return (Por. Phor. 30,31 or Por. Thor.40) for the last two years until the closing date of that branch.
MOVING OF THE OFFICE MUST BE REPORTED WITHIN 15 DAYS
Evidences required for the Moving of the office
- To submit 4 copies of Form Por>Phor.09 or Por. Thor.09 (photocopy not accepted)
- Copy of trade registration certificate (Por.Phor.20,21 or Por. Thor.20) the original documents must be returned with the moving in documents.
- Copy of I.D. Card , Household Registration of the director or authorized person to sign on behalf of the company.
- Certified Letter From the Ministry of Commerce (not more than 6 months old) For moving in now office , must submit also Articles of the Association and Regulation of the company.
- Copy of Form Por. Phor.01 Por. Thor.01 and Phor. Por.09 , Por. Thor.09.
- Rental Contract or Letter of Consent to use the Ruilding with copy of household registration of the new building and ownership evidence of the Building or the Consenter.
- If moving to different Revenue office or up - countey , must show the Duty Paid Receipt (Phor.Por.30,31 or Por.Thor.40) together with copy of receipt for the past two years until present time.
- Letter of Authorisation (affixed Baht 10.- stamp duty) and copy of I.D. Card of the Authorisee.
- 3 copies of Maps showing the location of the office.
- Phtograph of the new office building with company signboard in case of moving in.
Must submit original documents and copy must be countersigned with company's stamp on every documents.
Practitioner must advise the cancellation within 15 days
Evidences to be submitted with the cancellation
- To submit 4 copies of Form Por.Por.09 or Por.Thor.09. (Photocopy not accepted)
- To return VAT Registration. (Por.Por.20,21 or Por.Thor.20) (original one)
- Copy of Por.Por.01 Por.Thor.01 ,Por.Por.09 , Por.Thor.09. (If any)
- Copy of receipt and VAT form (Por.Por.30,31 or Por.Ngor.Dor.50,51)
- Copy of receipt and Income Tax Form (Por.Ngor.Dor.91,90 or Por.Ngor.Dor.50,51)
- Report on Basic Tax Value , Stock list , raw material stock, balance of stock as at the dissolution of the company.
- Report on Purchase Tax , Sale Tax , VAT Invoice on Purchase and Sale.
- Letter of Confirmation of dissolution of the company from the Ministry of Commerce (Must inform Ministry of Commerce first )
- Copy of I.D. Card and Household Registration of the authorised director.
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (in case of ordinary person)
- Letter of Authorisation ( affixed Baht 10.- duty stamp ) with copy of Authorisee's I.D.Card.
* Documents Nos.4,5,6 and 7 can be taken from last two years until the time of dissolution of the company